These are all local places that we visit ourselves – and they’re all within a ten minute drive of Greetham Retreat, so make sure to enjoy a taste of Lincolnshire!
PUBS SERVING FOOD
- George & Dragon, High Street, Hagworthingham, PE23 4NA. Tel: 01507 588255
Dog and Child friendly pub with children’s play area and baby changing facilities. Good honest pub grub and excellent service. Only 5 minutes drive from Greetham Retreat. Open 6 days a week, lunchtimes and evenings (Closed on Mondays). Offers 8oz steak with all the trimmings and a drink (pint of beer or glass of wine) for just £12.50.
- The Blue Bell Inn, 1 Main Road, Belchford, Horncastle, LN9 6LQ Tel: 01507 533602
Dog friendly pub with a reputation for top quality food. Booking is recommended over weekends and bank holidays.
Only 5 minutes drive from Greetham Retreat. Open 7 days a week, lunchtimes and evenings.
- The Red Lion Inn, Hagworthingham Road, Raithby By Spilsby, PE23 4DS Tel: 01790 753727
Dog friendly pub offering good wholesome locally sourced, fresh, homemade food in a 17th century Inn and real ales. About 10 minutes drive from Greetham Retreat. Closed Sunday evenings, all day Monday and Tuesday lunchtime.
- West Ashby Arms, Main Street | West Ashby, Horncastle LN9 5PT Tel: 01507 201771
Dog and family friendly/ Modern and contemporary pub with excellent choice of food including a children’s menu. Sky sport and BT sport available. About 10 minutes drive from Greetham Retreat. Open Noon to 11pm Tuesday to Saturday & Noon to 6pm Sunday.
- Shakesby’s, 3-5 West Street, Horncastle LN9 5JE. Tel: 01507 526626.
Quality food and attentive but unobtrusive service. Enjoy a great value early bird dinner special called ‘Beat the Clock’ (Tue to Fri & must arrive between 5pm and 6.30pm only) of 2 courses for just £12. Booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. Closed Sundays.
- Magpies, 71-75 East St, Horncastle, Lincolnshire LN9 6AA. Tel: 01507 527004.
A family-run restaurant which is renowned widely for its fine dining experience, using high quality, locally sourced produce to create a wonderful menu. Lunches, afternoon teas and dinners. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Montebello Ristorante, 65, North Street, Horncastle LN9 5DX. Tel: 01507 522777.
Located in the Old Angel pub, this is an atmospheric traditional Italian restaurant where the food is authentic as are the staff. Plenty of choice and a good wine menu too. Perfect for lunches and Dinner. Closed Mondays (all day) and Tuesday lunchtimes.
- Serendipity Thai Dining, 9-11 West Street, Horncastle LN9 5JF. Tel: 01507 525210.
A lovely restaurant in an elegant and relaxed setting. Offering a selection of fresh home-cooked authentic Thai favourites and chef’s specials full of flavour to suit all tastes. Booking recommended to avoid disappointment. Open Tuesday to Saturdays from 5pm till 9pm. ALSO OFFERS THAI TAKE AWAY SERVICE.
COFFEE SHOPS IN HORNCASTLE
- The Old Stables, Market Place, Horncastle, LN9 5HB. Tel: 01507 523253.
Through an archway off the Market Place sits this gem of a coffee shop, offering bistro style dining in a comfortable atmosphere and celebrating Lincolnshire’s finest locally sourced produce. With an Al Fresco terrace and drinks licence they really do offer you the chance to sit back and relax. Dog and child friendly too.
- The Bridge, (known locally as ‘Tea at the Bridge’),17 Bridge Street, Horncastle LN9 5HZ. Tel: 01507 522552
A quaint tea room at the side of the river in Horncastle. Large courtyard area for al fresco eating. Dogs are most welcome and will often be served before you with a bowl of water and a biscuit! Interesting collectables and gifts also available for sale.
- School House Coffee Bar, (formally Captain and Cook), Church House Church Lane, Horncastle LN9 5HW. Tel: 01507 201340
Just down past the church is this lovely contemporary coffee shop in the old schoolhouse. Gorgeous cakes, light bites and lunches on offer, with its own car park. Easily accessible via a ramp or steps and dog friendly too.
- Myers Cafe, 20, The Bullring, Horncastle LN9 5HU. Tel: 01507 522234
Air conditioned café offering drinks, breakfasts, lunches and light bites. Situated next to their bakery and delicatessen and offering a lot of their own produce along with locally sourced food.
- Botts Coffee Shop at Horncastle Garden Centre, Lincoln Road, Horncastle LN9 5LZ. Tel: 01507 528610
Select from mouth watering freshly baked cakes and scones, freshly brewed barista style coffees and teas, and a varied menu of lunches and light bites. Choose from our bistro style tables, soft seating sofa area, or a sunny rest in our conservatory overlooking the Garden Centre. Homemade, locally sourced food in a relaxed friendly ambience.